Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I make several workbooks work together?

I have 60 workbooks from where I need to gather information on a monthly basis.
These are personell sheets for vacations, leave of absence and so on.

From time to time I need to make changes in the functions that I have in
these workbooks, is there a way I can link these workbooks together, so that
I can make changes in e.g. a template file and these changes will also take
effect in my other workbooks.
____________________

I have one workbook that gathers information regarding used vacation and
another workbook that gathers information regarding sick days and so on.

I do this by adding a particular cell in several of the workbooks like this:
='C:\ansatt \fravær\[153name.xls]Fraværsregistrering'!$C$26+'C:\ansatt
\fravær\[189name.xls]Fraværsregistrering'!$C$26

Is there a way that I can link groups of workbooks and then use a function
to gather the value from cell C26 in all of these workbooks/groups of
workbooks?

Thanks
Elisabeth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Forgot to mention that I'm working with Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Forgot to mention that I'm working with Excel 2003!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Your first question: No, not for functions. What you CAN do is to place
some VBA code in the template file that would open/change/close each file in
turn. You would need to designate, somehow, what cells in the template file
you want carried over to all the other files.

Your second question: You would have to use a formula like you show.
Again, VBA is also an option. HTH Otto

"Elisabeth" wrote in message
I have 60 workbooks from where I need to gather information on a monthly
basis.
These are personell sheets for vacations, leave of absence and so on.

From time to time I need to make changes in the functions that I have in