Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combining multiple Excel files into one html?

Got it. Thanks much Tom.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

copy a.htm + b.htm + c.htm d.htm

should append a,b,c to a new file d

Tom Ogilvy

"quartz" wrote in message

Thanks again Tom, I was delving into an area in which I had no
experience

so

I didn't know if it would be easier or not. But now you've brought up

new

issue.

I've used the DOS command to copy files, but how can it be used to
append?
Sorry, but I need some help on this one too...

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

All the problems you listed would be inherent in stacking them.
Just

use

the DOS copy command to append them.

Tom Ogilvy

"quartz" wrote in message

Thanks Tom.

The files will be coming to me from different sources already
saved in

HTML

format. Although I could have the users send me the Excel files

instead,

each

one page document contains a different number of columns and
column

widths

making combining them in Excel difficult at best.

It could be done I suppose by copying a picture of each, but then
I'm

faced

with combining and aligning the graphics, etc. Ultimately it all
needs

be

converted to HTML and I just thought if there were a way to just

combine

them

(stack them one above the other in the right order) using VBA it
might
shortcut the process. Any other ideas or suggestions?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Turn on the macro recorder

open each in excel.

Bring the data from workbooks 2 and 3 into workbook 1 using copy
and

paste.

Save as HTML

Turn off the macro recorder.

Now modify the code to make it a little more dynamic.

Tom Ogilvy

"quartz" wrote in message

I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

Take one Excel file that has been converted (saved as) an HTML

document

from

one user. Take another one from another user, and yet a third
one.

I need to combine these into one single HTML document

programmatically

from

VBA. Is this possible? I've been looking at previous posts and

don't

see

anything like this...

For the most part the files just contain text and numbers or

formulas,

but

rarely could include a chart or other graphic.

If it is possible, could some one please post example code?

If it is NOT possible, could someone please enlighten me?
Thanks much in advance.