Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default time-stamping macro

I need to a macro that will give a time-stamp when a user clicks
button. I'd prefer for the use to be able to highlight a cell and the
click the button to insert the time-stamp. I am inexperienced wit
visual basic and macros so I need some code that I can copy and paste.
Thanks for any help

--
trhh
trhhs's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=220

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"trhhs" wrote in message
:
: I need to a macro that will give a time-stamp when a user clicks a
: button. I'd prefer for the use to be able to highlight a cell and then
: click the button to insert the time-stamp. I am inexperienced with
: visual basic and macros so I need some code that I can copy and paste.
: Thanks for any help.
:

if you want date and time
Public Sub TimeStamp()
ActiveCell.Value = Now
End Sub

if you want just the time
Public Sub TimeStamp()
ActiveCell.Value = Time
End Sub

place this code in the click event of your button or if using the forms
version of the button
right click the sheet name and select view code, then place the code there.
when you create the button is will prompt you for the macro name to select,
pick TimeStamp

Paul D

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks; I appreciate the help