Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default multiple workbooks reference

How do I copy & paste information contained in cells from one open workbook
to others most easily?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is a previous reply I gave for transfering from multiple workbooks to a
master workbook.
Change to fit your needs. The only tricky part is to identify each workbook
and each worksheet.
(watch out for word wrap)

Let's say that you open a workbook and transfer
Open the next workbook and transfer
and so on....
With this code in the master workbook...

than for each transfer - open a workbook

dim rw1 as Long, rw2 as Long

' find first open row in each workbook
rw1 = Thisworkbook.Sheets("MySheet").Cells(Rows.COUNT,
"A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row
rw2 = Activeworkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.COUNT, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1,
0).Row

' transfer opened worksheet to master worksheet
Activeworkbook.ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(5,18),Cells (rw2,18).Copy _
Destination:= Thisworkbook.Sheets("MySheet").Cells(rw1,1)

You could set some conditions on rw1 like this:
If rw1<5 then
rw1 = 5

steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond