Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CROSS REFERENCE BETWEEN WORKBOOKs

In WB1, I want to insert a formula, via VBA, that compares Col
sequentially down with Col A of WB2; each of these columns contains
string of 16 - 20 characters in each row; if there is NOT a "strin
match", the formula result is an "X".

I would appreciate any help.
Chuckles12

--
Chuckles12
Chuckles123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1494

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Workbooks contain sheets. Sheets contain columns.

Tom Ogilvy

"Chuckles123" wrote in message

In WB1, I want to insert a formula, via VBA, that compares Col A
sequentially down with Col A of WB2; each of these columns contains a
string of 16 - 20 characters in each row; if there is NOT a "string
match", the formula result is an "X".

I would appreciate any help.
Chuckles123

--
Chuckles123
Chuckles123's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=320208

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Would I be better off copying WB2, Sheet1 (it is smaller of the tw
WB's) into a newly created and named WB1, Sheet2? Does this make th
cross-reference easier? If answers are 'yes', please advise.

Chuckles12

--
Chuckles12
Chuckles123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1494
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32020

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think it will make much difference. The references would be
shorter. See Chip Pearson's site for some ideas:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Chuckles123" wrote in message

Would I be better off copying WB2, Sheet1 (it is smaller of the two
WB's) into a newly created and named WB1, Sheet2? Does this make the