Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joy Joy is offline

Default be able to edit datalabel position of all series in a protected ch

Hi:

I have a password protected chart. Users print it but do not edit it.

Now, I want them to be able to edit only the position of the datalabels.

How would I do it? Please help.

Joy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Duplicate the chart as another chart object, let the user edit the labels on
the copied chart, and then unprotect the first chart using VBA, cycle
through the labels of the copied chart, and set the now unprotected chart's
labels equal to the user's changes, before protecting it again. This way
they cannot mess with anything else in the protected chart, whether they
messed up the "copied" chart or not.

Bill