Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joy Joy is offline

Default Be able to edit position of datalabels in a protected chart.

Hi:

I have a password protected chart. Users print it but do not edit it.

Now, I want them to be able to edit only the position of the datalabels of
all series.

How would I do it? Please help.

Joy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want the user to interact with Excel then you will need to unprotect
the sheet first. However by doing so they could change
anything else on the chart!

You could write a user interface that allows the user to choose the option
under program control. So the process would be.....

1. User Chooses option to change Label Location
2. Display a Userform of options
3. User chooses Option
4. Unprotect sheet
5. Apply change
6. Protect sheet
7. Unload the useform

If this is close to your requirements you need to be specifc about what
things and how the user can change them.

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Joy" wrote in message
Hi:

I have a password protected chart. Users print it but do not edit it.

Now, I want them to be able to edit only the position of the datalabels of
all series.

How would I do it? Please help.

Joy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do remember to check the responses to all your other posts on the same
subject in both .charting and .programming.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,