Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't protect chartsheets in my workbook

I've tried everything but nothing seems to stop the user from being able to
select my chart, nayone know a follproof way of making it impossible to
select a chart on a chartsheet?

Thks, Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With Charts("Sales Data")
.ProtectSelection = False
'.ProtectSelection = Not .ProtectSelection to toggle
End With

Regards,
Greg

"Mark Stephens" wrote:

I've tried everything but nothing seems to stop the user from being able to
select my chart, nayone know a follproof way of making it impossible to
select a chart on a chartsheet?

Thks, Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Greg,

Thanks for that but does it work for a chart sheet as well as a chart
embedded in a workbook? If so how do you find the name of the chart in
your chartsheet?

Thanks for your help, Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just use the name of the chart sheet as listed in the sheet tab. For the code
example, I used "Sales Data". As no doubt you are already aware, you can
change chart sheet names the same way you can worksheet names, by
right-clicking the tab and selecting the Rename option.

Regards,
Greg