Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Efficiently Generate 88 Chartsheets

Gang,

I've got a simple X*Y chart with year (1977-present) on the x-axis and
an estimate of deer population size on the y-axis (actually, there may
ultimately be 2 estimates/series). There is nothing really all that
fancy about it. It will be updated each year with the current year's
estimate. The problem is, I need 87 more just like it - 1 for each of
the 88 units that I manage.

I have been reading VBA and Excel books and I have yet to find an
example on how to "mass produce" a bunch of chart sheets. I take that
back - a simple "FOR NEXT" loop will generate the chart sheets. I'm at

a loss as to how to get the chart that I want with the "look" and data
that I need.

An idea thatI've had: Turn the macro recorder on and generate a
prototype chart. Cut and paste this code (after cleaning it up) into a

"FOR NEXT" loop and viola!

Clearly an oversimplification. Any sample code or other guidance would

be appreciated.

BTW the source data for each chart is all in a single worksheet and
looks like the folllowing:

County Year Population
Athens 1977 207
Athens 1978 305