Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mutiple Instances of Excel - Which one will Windows use to open a file?

Hi All,

If I have multiple instances of excel open, is there any way to
dictate which one will be used by Windows to open an excel workbook if
the user double clicks on it in windows explorer?

One of the instances will always have a modal userform open, so I need
to avoid that instance being used.

Thanks,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

... is there any way to
dictate which one will be used by Windows to open an excel workbook if
the user double clicks on it in windows explorer?

Not that I know of.

One of the instances will always have a modal userform open, so I need
to avoid that instance being used.

Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests = True will prevent further files
being opened in that instance.

Regards,
Vic Eldridge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote in message
oups.com...

... is there any way to
dictate which one will be used by Windows to open an excel workbook
if the user double clicks on it in windows explorer?

One of the instances will always have a modal userform open, so I
need to avoid that instance being used.

Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests = True will prevent further files
being opened in that instance.

Perfect!

I wasn't even aware of that one.

Thanks Vic - Much appreciated.