Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What can cause application.screenupdating=false to not work?

I've got a worksheet that contains a large number of cells with custom
functions. I use a loop to iterate through different input values, recalc
the sheets, and store the results. My problem is that the
application.screenupdating=false line at the beginning of my looping
procedure is not working. Could this be because the custom functions are in
the same project? Is there another reason that commonly causes this problem?
Thanks very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Screenupdating should be truned off at the beginning of the calling procedure
and then none of the called procedures should modify this setting. For
example if Sub 1 calls sub 2 within a loop then sub 2 shoud not modify the
setting. Otherwise sub 2 will turn it on and off causing the screen to update
each time it is called. The calling procedure has to turn the screen updating
back on at the end. This is the most likely problem.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson