Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I cant do a search on this forum. Everytime I search, it comes up with zero results

I cant do a search on this forum. Everytime I search, it comes up wit
zero result

--
viswanthankPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try the Google archives:

http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...ugroup=*excel*

In article ,
viswanthank <viswanthank.1qd6v0@ wrote:

I cant do a search on this forum. Everytime I search, it comes up with
zero results

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you're probably only downloading headers. you need to actually download the
messages to be able to search locally. only messages that are actually
viewed are able to be searched by default

To specify what you want to download
You can make all messages, only headers, or only new messages available for
offline viewing by changing the synchronization settings for IMAP, HTTP, or
news server folders.
From the Folders list, select an IMAP server, an HTTP server, or a news
server.
In the main window, select one or more folders or newsgroups.
Click Settings, and then click to change the setting to one of the
following:
All Messages
New Messages Only
Headers Only
If you do not want messages from a particular folder or newsgroup to be
downloaded, click Don't Synchronize

--

Gary

"viswanthank" <viswanthank.1qd6v0@ wrote in message

I cant do a search on this forum. Everytime I search, it comes up with
zero results

--
viswanthankPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Roedd <<Gary Keramidas wedi ysgrifennu:

you're probably only downloading headers. you need to actually
download the messages to be able to search locally. only messages
that are actually viewed are able to be searched by default

No. He's posting from a crappy web forum. A /really/ crappy web forum. See
the footer:
--
viswanthankPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

What he needs to do is read and write using a proper NNTP and a proper
newsreader and search using Google groups.

--
Rob

http://www.asta51.dsl.pipex.com/webcam/

This message is copyright Robert Bruce and intended
for distribution only via NNTP.
Dissemination via third party Web forums with the
exception of Google Groups and Microsoft Communities
is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action.