Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combo dropdown open

Is possibile load a form with a combo with the menù already open
without click on downarrow?
or
Is possibile to select automatically the first ITEM of a combo?

Tnx to anyone
M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub Userform_Initialize()
Combobox1.ListIndex = 3
End Sub

Selects the 4th item in the combobox.

Tom Ogilvy

"mino" wrote in message
Is possibile load a form with a combo with the menù already open
without click on downarrow?
or
Is possibile to select automatically the first ITEM of a combo?

Tnx to anyone
M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It doesn't work (run-time error nr. 91). However this put in right cell
the 4th item. I don't want this, I want my combo's menu open without
using F4 or clicking for open list of item.

Thanks Tom!

Tom Ogilvy ha scritto:

Private Sub Userform_Initialize()
Combobox1.ListIndex = 3
End Sub

Selects the 4th item in the combobox.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You said

or
Is possibile to select automatically the first ITEM of a combo?

Please make up your mind.

the code works fine if put in the right place and you refer to an existing
combobox and the combobox has more than 3 items.

If the code put the value of the 4th item in the linked cell, then it sounds
like my code worked fine and some other code you have in your application is
flawed.

if you want to drop the dropdown, then use the dropdown method of the
combobox

I won't even try to provide an example as you would probably just claim that
it doesn't work and you can look it up in VBA help the same as anyone else.

From help on the Dropdown Method:

Displays the list portion of a ComboBox.

Tom Ogilvy

Tom Ogilvy ha scritto:

Private Sub Userform_Initialize()
Combobox1.ListIndex = 3
End Sub

Selects the 4th item in the combobox.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry for my english, I meant open the dropdown with the focus on the first
item or simply open the dropdown when the combo is showed.

If I use drapdown method it appears automatically but not in the same
location of the close combo.

Thanks a lot