Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combo box dropdown method

I have added an active x contriol in a worksheet but dont know how to call
the method. in access I would go me.nameofcontrol.dropdown but I dont know
in excel.

regards in advance

peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Peter,

If you go into design mode (the blue-green triangle on the Control Toolbox
toolbar), then click the control, it will create an outline click event for
that control. Add your code in there.

--

HTH

RP

"Peter Bailey" wrote in message
I have added an active x contriol in a worksheet but dont know how to call
the method. in access I would go me.nameofcontrol.dropdown but I dont know
in excel.

regards in advance

peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob

I got that far but wanted to access the drop down from the workbook open
event. this way ity checks if one cell in the form is blank and then gives
the prompt and then from there I want to make the active x control drop
down. I could give it the focus and then call the method from the controls
gotfocus event but I am now sure how to access the control from the
workbooks open event.
regards
Peter

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

If (Worksheets("AuditChecklist").Range("C4").Value = "") Then

MsgBox ("Please select the centre you wish to audit from the dropdown
box")

Else

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Peter,

If you go into design mode (the blue-green triangle on the Control Toolbox
toolbar), then click the control, it will create an outline click event
for
that control. Add your code in there.

--

HTH

RP

"Peter Bailey" wrote in message
I have added an active x contriol in a worksheet but dont know how to
call
the method. in access I would go me.nameofcontrol.dropdown but I dont
know
in excel.

regards in advance

peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob

I took a gues that Worksheet("name").CBCentre.dropdown would work and it did
so THANKYOU (didnt mean to shout, just greatfull for the assistance)