Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Email Macro Late Binding

When using the late binding method (Ron de Bruin), the Outlook warning is
not shown on top of the screen. But it is hidden behind the Active Sheet.
This block for the program and I have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to stop and shut
down the excelfile.

It works when I use ".Display" instead of ".Send". But I would like the
macro to run the whole sequense with no manuel interferrence.

I do not have the problem when I use the "Early Binding" method. But I need
to use Late Binding as I do not know the excelversion, the receivers of my
program have.

This is the contens of the macro:

Sub saveprintsend()

' saveprintsend Macro

' Macro recorded 02-06-2005 by Holmstrom

ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWorkbook.Printout
Dim OutApp As Object
Dim OutMail As Object
Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
With OutMail
.To = "
.CC = ""
.BCC = ""
.Subject = "ENERGY USE REPORT"
.Body = "ATTACHED FIND REPORT FROM DOWNMENTIONED"
.Attachments.Add ActiveWorkbook.FullName
.Send
End With
Set OutMail = Nothing
Set OutApp = Nothing
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Application.Quit
End Sub

If you can help me on this I will be extremely joyfull.

Thanks in advance and best wishes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jan

I will test it this evening for you but I can't remember seeing this problem

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jan Holmstrom" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jan

I can't repro this on my machine

If you delete the print line do you have the same problem then.?

Maybe you can use CDO
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

--

"Ron de Bruin" skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

It works when I put .printout as last sequense. Strange!!
Thanks a lot for advice.

By the way, is it possible to make a macro, which identify the outlook
version and then set the reference to that?? Then I could use Early Binding.

By the way whats CDO?? Where can I read about it.

Best regards
Jan

"Ron de Bruin" skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jan

By the way, is it possible to make a macro, which identify the outlook
version and then set the reference to that?? Then I could use Early Binding.

If you create your workbook and set the reference in Excel 2000 your code will work
in Excel 2000-2003

By the way whats CDO?? Where can I read about it.

Click on the link in my reply

--

"Ron de Bruin" skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,
As I told my self; stupid me: look at the link:-)

My code is written in excel 2003, in the reference tool box the only version
I can see is 11 for both Outlook and Excel.

But as I understand it, then it doesn't matter when I'm using Late Binding.
Isn't that correct?

Best regards
Jan

Hi Jan

"Ron de Bruin" skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jan

But as I understand it, then it doesn't matter when I'm using Late Binding.
Isn't that correct?

Yes that is correct

Read this if you want to know more about the difference between late and early binding
http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/ol...#Early_Binding

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jan Holmstrom" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron,
As I told my self; stupid me: look at the link:-)

My code is written in excel 2003, in the reference tool box the only version
I can see is 11 for both Outlook and Excel.

But as I understand it, then it doesn't matter when I'm using Late Binding.
Isn't that correct?

Best regards
Jan

Hi Jan

"Ron de Bruin" skrev:

[...]

Late Binding examples of binding excel application HeatherO Excel Programming 13 March 17th 05 08:19 AM
Late Binding to Outlook from Excel: Outlook modifies email body Lenny Wintfeld Excel Programming 0 December 12th 04 04:03 PM
Late Binding help, Please Bud Dean Excel Programming 5 September 24th 04 04:31 AM
Late Binding Cindy Excel Programming 11 April 23rd 04 03:34 PM
EARLY binding or LATE binding ? jason Excel Programming 6 February 26th 04 04:57 PM