Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete Macro from VBA

I have created an Auto_Open macro in a template. I want to delete this
macro using VBA code after it runs the first time. How do I delete existing
Macros from VBA?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nuraq,

See Chip Pearsons 'Programming to the Visual Basic Editor' page at:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

In particular, look for the section entitled:

Deleting A Module From A Workbook

and see Chip's Sub DeleteModule() routine.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Nuraq" wrote in message
I have created an Auto_Open macro in a template. I want to delete this
macro using VBA code after it runs the first time. How do I delete
existing Macros from VBA?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I second the resource suggestion Norman has indicated, and want to emphasize
this point which Chip Pearson already emphasizes but cannot be
over-emphasized:

NOTE: Many macro-based viruses propagate themselves by writing code using
the methods described on this page. Therefore, many if not all virus
scanning programs will automatically delete code that manipulates VBA code.
Some programs will delete the entire code module. You may want to turn off
your virus scanner when working with workbooks that manipulate VBA code
projects.