Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Supressing the Macro security message programmatically.

I need to develop a C# assembly to run Excel files with Addins. As soon as I
open the Addin using the Workbook object Open method, I get the warning
message box. This assembly is supposed to run silently in the background, so
would appreciate a way of suppressing the warning. I have set the security
level in Excel to lowest, but no success.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Three comments.

If you can suppress the warning programmatically, so can someone with
malicious intent.

If you intend this to be distributed to others, expecting them to set
their security to 'low' may not be realistic. Even if you are in a
position to force them to do so, it would leave them vulnerable to
malicious attack.

Consider loading the add-in through the AddIns collection rather than
opening it through the Workbooks collection.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , =?Utf-