Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Updating multiple layers of links

I have a reports workbook that is linked to a summary workbook which in turn
collects information from 15 other individual workbooks.
When I open up the reports workbook, it updates itself from the summary
workbook but the summary workbook does not update itself at the same time (is
this correct?). Is there a way I can force a total update programmatically so
that the reports contain current information.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Klaus,

This is untested, but you could try something like this:

'this goes in the reports workbook
Sub Auto_Open()
Dim strSummary As String
Dim wSummary As Workbook

'set the path to your summary file here
strSummary = "C:\Temp\Summary.xls"

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'open the summary file and update any links in it
Set wSummary = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=strSummary, UpdateLinks:=3)
'calculate so that any links to the summary file in reports are updated
Application.Calculate
wSummary.Save
wSummary.Close False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True