Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error, Worksheet Will Not Open

I work for a business, and designed a spread sheet that a bunch of people
use. Now one such person has the following error when they try to open the
sheet:

Excel cannot access 'Standardized Work Chart Editor.xls'. (this is the
workbook name) The document may be read-only or encrypted.

All you can hit is OK, when you do the following pops up:

Cannot access 'Standardized Work Chart Editor.xls'.

All you can hit is OK, then the workbook simply does not open. The workbook
has lots and lots of macros, at all levels, workbook, sheet, and module.
This is on a network drive, and no one else seems to have the same problem.
This is on Excel 2002, and the computer that I looked at that works, and the
one that doesn't work are the same version of excel. Additionally, the
person who it does not work for, tried it 2 weeks ago and it worked fine, but
now he cannot open it. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Thank you
in advance, your help is appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

maybe the excel on the desk that can't open the workbook has been corrupted.
try re-installing it.
Sometimes, dll get changed when Microsft updates arrives, such as the forms
DLL. Get your IT people to ensure that the DLL's in the /Windows folders are
the same as yours.