Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save As macro

Here is the macro I recorded for SaveAs in a workbook:

Application.CutCopyMode = False
ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Desktop"
ActiveWorkbook.saveas Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Desktop\Joe Smith (ABCD) NM dp
6.7.05.xls", _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

In my workbook:

Joe Smith ABCD = A4
NM = G5

dp and 6.7.05 are not already in the workbook, but need to be in the
file name. Is there a way to alter the code above to (1)retrieve the
information already present in the workbook and (2) via macro, request
the other information?

The point is to click a button and have the file saved as* Joe Smith
(ABCD) NM dp 6.7.05.xls*

--
BigDave
BigDave's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7741

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave!

This looks similar to another post of yours that I replied to:

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...999#post990999

You never responded to see if it worked out...

Let me know,
theDude

--
theDude
theDude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16550

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nice - thank you very, very much. I'll hook it up and let you know

--
BigDav
BigDave's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=774

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Worked great. Thanks!!

--
BigDav
BigDave's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=774
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37713

Macro to Insert Current Date into cell - Macro to "Save As" Guy[_2_] Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 12th 08 08:20 PM
Macro to Save without the Save Message Ellen G Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 February 23rd 07 08:52 PM
ASP: Open Excel File with Macro, Allow Macro to run, and then save delgados129 Excel Programming 0 March 10th 05 09:35 PM
Save Macro judith Excel Programming 1 September 27th 04 01:15 PM
Prompted to save changes after macro save - why? Izar Arcturus Excel Programming 2 December 10th 03 09:27 PM