Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save Macro

I have a button attached to a macro which saves the
workbook to its current location and back to the server.

ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs (ServerName)

The problem appears to be with saving to the current
location. It sometimes looks as if it is saving and the
modified date and time property seems to support this but
the changes are not saved!
I have changed this to a saveAs option so that i get the
confirm overwrite message. Sometimes it appears and other
time not.
Do I have a problem with my macro or is there a
system/windows problem?

Any suggestions please, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Once you do the saveAs to the server, then if you ran this again, you would
just be saving to the server. This might be related to your problem.

Perhaps you want to use SaveCopyAs to the server so you don't change the
workbook you are working with.

Tom Ogilvy