Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default finding the right file

I'm having trouble getting what I need out of Excel's 'get external data'
function. I need to get some data from some MS Access queries I have written,
but I need Excel to ask me which .mdb file to get the data from before it
retreives it. can anyone help? thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure if this helps in your specific case but, in general, you ask
for a file like this:

Sub a()
Dim FName As Variant
FName = Application.GetOpenFilename("Access files (*.mdb),*.mdb")
If FName < False Then
''Your code
Else
MsgBox "user cancelled"