Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I change a cell's background color randomly, continually?

Hi,
I'd like to be able to select a group of 4 cells (A1, A2, B1, B2).

After making each cell's background a certain color,
I'd like to be able to click a button, or double-click one of the
cells, to initiate a random color changing process for each of the
cells.

This must continually repeat, without my having to refresh
the cells. That's all I want to do (right now).

Is this possible, given VBA, or is it not possible, because of VBA's
event driven 'nature'?

Thanks,
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am afraid that I don't have time to play with it right now, but yes it is
possible. Take a look at the OnTime function in the help. Set it up in a
recursive loop and off you go. This will in all likely hood mess up the Undo
feature as a macro will be running every so often.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson