Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Not Enough System Resources

Every time I open Excel I get "Not Enough System Resources" error message. I
went to the task manager and there doesn't appear to be a visable problem
there. I have shut down and brought my PC back up and only went into Excel
and still got the error.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

See if this helps:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#xlb

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Erika" skrev i melding
Every time I open Excel I get "Not Enough System Resources" error message.

went to the task manager and there doesn't appear to be a visable problem
there. I have shut down and brought my PC back up and only went into

Excel
and still got the error.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any AddIns? Have you made any changes to them. It is a long shot, but... In
your task manager what is the CPU usage and the memory usage? Have you run a
virus scan. Anything new in your Excel Startup folder? No guarantee that any
of this will help but that is where I would start.

Jim Thomlinson

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Hi

See if this helps:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#xlb

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Erika" skrev i melding
Every time I open Excel I get "Not Enough System Resources" error message.

went to the task manager and there doesn't appear to be a visable problem
there. I have shut down and brought my PC back up and only went into

Excel
and still got the error.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Several years ago there was a similar discussion.

If appears that an accumulation in trash container, internet files, cookies,
delete folders, etc... can have an adverse effect on Excel. These should be
cleaned out on a regular basis. Additionally one should use something like
Norton Disc Doctor and Speed Disc to keep the hard drive up to snuff. And
lets not forget viruses and Spyware.

Keep that computer clean... see if this helps...

rand451

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Hi

See if this helps:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#xlb

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Erika" skrev i melding
Every time I open Excel I get "Not Enough System Resources" error
message.
went to the task manager and there doesn't appear to be a visable
problem
there. I have shut down and brought my PC back up and only went into
Excel
and still got the error.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make sure you look through hidden folders and for hidden files.

Maybe looking again using an old DOS command would help:

(Windows start button|run
for winNT/win2k (winXP): cmd
for win9*, type: command

Then

dir c:\*.xlb /s /ah

(change that C: to the drive that holds excel.exe.)

--

Dave Peterson