Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JSR JSR is offline

Default Converting an array of data to a bitmap

I have a simple problem, I am trying to display (and save) an array of data
in Excel as a bitmap; does anyone have some sample code?

Thanks John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John,

Take a look at the superb solution designed by Stephen Bullen :

http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount...stePicture.zip

HTH
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's a built-in tool for this with an obscure toolbar button.

1. Right click on your toolbar and select Customize from the context
menu.
2. Select the Commands tab on the dialog.
3. Select Tools from the Categories listbox on the left.
4. Scroll down the Commands listbox on the right until you find one
named Camera.
5. Drag the Camera icon onto your toolbar and close the dialog box.
6. Select the range of cells you want to capture and click the Camera
button.
7. Click anywhere on the spreadsheet and Excel will paste a drawing
shape there with a bitmap in it.
8. Right-click inside the shape and select copy to get the picture into
the clipboard for pasting anywhere (I'd just use Paint if you want to
save the image.)

The downside to this is that I can't find a way to do this
programmatically, if that's what you're after. Even recording a macro
while using it has no effect. (Basically it creates an empty macro.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub AA()
Range("A1:Z26").CopyPicture
Worksheets("Sheet2").Select