Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default msgbox button constants

hey there,
i'd appreciate some help.

I am trying to modify a message box prompt. I want to combine the vbYesNo
buttons and the vbexclamation icon. My code is as follows:
MsgBox("question to user.",vbYesNo and vbExclamation, "Title")
but when i use this, no exclamation icon shows and there are no yes/no
buttons.
Separately, they work fine, but added together i cannot get either one to
work. It just shows an "ok" button and no icon.

is there a way i can obtain both formats?
Thanks,
Justin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alok,
Thanks that did it, perfectly.

"Alok" wrote:

Change and to or.

Alok Joshi

"Justin" wrote:

hey there,
i'd appreciate some help.

I am trying to modify a message box prompt. I want to combine the vbYesNo
buttons and the vbexclamation icon. My code is as follows:
MsgBox("question to user.",vbYesNo and vbExclamation, "Title")
but when i use this, no exclamation icon shows and there are no yes/no
buttons.
Separately, they work fine, but added together i cannot get either one to
work. It just shows an "ok" button and no icon.

is there a way i can obtain both formats?
Thanks,
Justin

Customize a button on a MsgBox? quartz[_2_] Excel Programming 3 January 10th 05 10:06 PM
constants Confused Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 December 2nd 04 05:05 PM
constants alekm Excel Programming 1 September 9th 04 12:16 PM
Msgbox button labels Marcotte A[_2_] Excel Programming 4 June 8th 04 08:29 AM
Cancel button to bypass MsgBox Myrna Rodriguez Excel Programming 3 June 2nd 04 09:44 PM