Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Running web queries, where find data?

Web query this site:
http://talk2mepc.voicebox.com/faq/stock_symbols.php

Delete the header rows, then use Data/Text to Columns and choose - as the
delimiter.

Mike F
"quartz" wrote in message
I know this is a little off the subject for this forum, but I find that I
usually get the most intelligent answers here. So please forgive me this
side
question.

I want to run a web query to import ALL the stock symbols on the NYSE,
AMEX,
and NASDAQ exchanges. i.e. Not just a few, but ALL OF THEM. - just a
comprehensive list of ALL symbols.

Can someone please post where they can be found on the web for import
using
a web query to Excel?

Thanks much in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Then you can use this to navigate to the company name desired. Right click
sheet tabview codeinsert thisname a range findthis and type in the
1st letter of the co name to be taken to the 1st stock that starts with that
letter.

x = Application.Match([findthis], Columns(1)) + 2
If Target.Address = [findthis].Address Then Cells(x, 1).Select

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software