Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date Time Picker custom format property ?

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Date Time Picker control as a time picker and only
want hours and minutes to show. Can this be done with its custom format
property (Example please if so)? The usual number formating string doesn't
seem to work and I'm having trouble finding guidance in the help system.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Walt Weber
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Walt

Strange

No help on this, I try it on a English and Dutch system.
I try to get a answer for you

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Walt" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Date Time Picker control as a time picker and only
want hours and minutes to show. Can this be done with its custom format
property (Example please if so)? The usual number formating string doesn't
seem to work and I'm having trouble finding guidance in the help system.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Walt Weber

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

Thanks for responding and for the consideration. I'll be watching for any
further posts on the subject.

Best Regards,
Walt Weber

"Walt" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Date Time Picker control as a time picker and only
want hours and minutes to show. Can this be done with its custom format
property (Example please if so)? The usual number formating string doesn't
seem to work and I'm having trouble finding guidance in the help system.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Walt Weber

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You hear from me Walt

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Walt" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Date Time Picker control as a time picker and only
want hours and minutes to show. Can this be done with its custom format
property (Example please if so)? The usual number formating string doesn't
seem to work and I'm having trouble finding guidance in the help system.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Walt Weber

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Walt

Set Custom to 3 - dtpCustom and CustomFormat to h:mm to display time
And Updown to True in the properties

More info on MSDN

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...e/datetime.asp
and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...me/reflist.asp

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Walt" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Date Time Picker control as a time picker and only
want hours and minutes to show. Can this be done with its custom format
property (Example please if so)? The usual number formating string doesn't
seem to work and I'm having trouble finding guidance in the help system.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Walt Weber

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

It works perfectly. Thank you. It was especially good of you to
include the MSDN URL's since, in reading through those, I learned I
could use h:mm tt to have it also show the AM or PM.

Best Regards,
Walt Weber