Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Converting a link to a value

How do I convert a link to a value on a worksheet basis. I have other sheets
that I want to keep the links on for the time being. As I understand the
"break links" option beaks the whole workbook.

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike,

Manually you could edit every single cell by pressing F2, selecting the
link, and then pressing F9, which calculates the value, and at eventually
press Enter in order to
place this result in the cell.
But problably this isn't what you are seeking for in this group.

In code you could replace the complete formula in every relevant cell by its
value, somewhat like this:

Dim MyRange as Range, MyCell as Range

For Each MyCell in MyRange
MyCell.Formula = MyCell.Value 'mind the data types involved! _
and maybe this should
read somewhat like: _
"=" + MyCell.Value
Next

If not the complete formula has to be replaced by its value, you should
replace only
part of it, by analyzing it before.

I hope this helps a bit!
Greetings,
Peter

"Mike K" wrote:

How do I convert a link to a value on a worksheet basis. I have other sheets
that I want to keep the links on for the time being. As I understand the
"break links" option beaks the whole workbook.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

same thing copypaste special pastevalues,but can only do one cell at a time..
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!