Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbook link help needed

Hi

I use Excel to write the rota for my workplace (an intensive care
unit), with each row being one persons rota. The data is either a "D"
(day shift) a "N" (night shift) or an empty cell (day off). This all
works very nicely, but it would be really useful if I were able to
export that data to a series of other documents/sheets to form lists
of who is working on a particular day. For example:

May
--------[b:d70ad9c0de]1[/b:d70ad9c0de]----[b:d70ad9c0de]2[/b:d70ad9c0de]----[b:d70ad9c0de]3[/b:d70ad9c0de]----[b:d70ad9c0de]4[/b:d70ad9c0de]----[b:d70ad9c0de]5[/b:d70ad9c0de]

[b:d70ad9c0de]Dave[/b:d70ad9c0de]--N----N----N-----------
[b:d70ad9c0de]Mike[/b:d70ad9c0de]--D----D----------D----D
[b:d70ad9c0de]Phil[/b:d70ad9c0de]---D----D----------N----N
[b:d70ad9c0de]Cath[/b:d70ad9c0de]-------D-----D----D-----
[b:d70ad9c0de]Carl[/b:d70ad9c0de]---N----N-----N-----------

This data would then be used to form 5 printed lists (one for each day
on the rota) with the 1st one reading:

[b:d70ad9c0de]1st May
Day Shift[/b:d70ad9c0de]:
Mike
Phil

[b:d70ad9c0de]Night Shift: [/b:d70ad9c0de]
Dave
Carl

Basically the crux of what I need to do is create a list in one
workbook "Staff" that draws data from another workbook "Rota". Each
name in the list is entered in a new cell.
Basically everyone with a "D" in a cell on a particular day in "rota"
will get entered on that days "staff" list. Filling in the 1st cell
in the list in "Staff" is straightforward, but I am just using
formulas, and am not sure how to make the cell below know that the
1st name in the list has already been entered, and to move on to the
next name.
I suspect a macro may be required which is beyond me. Thanks.
David

Any help would be gratefully recieved