Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA Code to hide dark black selector box?

Is there any VBA Code to hide the dark box that indicates the currently
selected cell? My sheet I have has no need for this to be seen. Hiding it
would be nice. TIA!

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you protect the sheet in code, you can make it so the user cannot even select
a cell.

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
Dim wks As Worksheet
Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1")
With wks
.Protect Password:="hi"
.EnableSelection = xlNoSelection
End With
End Sub

Or maybe you could just select a cell that's way off the screen (IV65536?).

--

Dave Peterson