Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sheet Tabs

I have a Spreadsheet with 64 Worksheets in it, is it
possible to tile the tabs on rows at the bottom instead of
1 long set of tabs
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nigel

No, but you can right click the sheet navigation buttons (bottom left) and
select more sheets...

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Nigel Bennett" wrote in message
I have a Spreadsheet with 64 Worksheets in it, is it
possible to tile the tabs on rows at the bottom instead of
1 long set of tabs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nigel,
You might want to alphabetize you worksheet tabs so that you
can find the one you are looking for quickly.
SortAllSheets -- sort sheet tabs (#sortallsheets)

You can enhance your sorted arrangement by preceding the sheet
tab with some less conspicuous small letters
i.e. k.FunctKeys, k.ShortCutKeys
---
HTH,

"Nick Hodge" wrote in message ...
Nigel

No, but you can right click the sheet navigation buttons (bottom left) and
select more sheets...

--
HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
HIS

"Nigel Bennett" wrote in message
I have a Spreadsheet with 64 Worksheets in it, is it
possible to tile the tabs on rows at the bottom instead of
1 long set of tabs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nigel

Use Bob Phillips BrowseSheets macro(posted below)which displays a form with
option buttons to select a sheet. I personally like this one.

Sub BrowseSheets()
Const nPerColumn As Long = 38 'number of items per column
Const nWidth As Long = 13 'width of each letter
Const nHeight As Long = 18 'height of each row
Const sID As String = "___SheetGoto" 'name of dialog sheet
Const kCaption As String = " Select sheet to goto"
'dialog caption

Dim i As Long
Dim TopPos As Long
Dim iBooks As Long
Dim cCols As Long
Dim cLetters As Long
Dim cMaxLetters As Long
Dim cLeft As Long
Dim thisDlg As DialogSheet
Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet
Dim cb As OptionButton

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If ActiveWorkbook.ProtectStructure Then
MsgBox "Workbook is protected.", vbCritical
Exit Sub
End If

On Error Resume Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets(sID).Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
On Error GoTo 0
Set CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet
Set thisDlg = ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets.Add

With thisDlg

.Name = sID
.Visible = xlSheetHidden

'sets variables for positioning on dialog
iBooks = 0
cCols = 0
cMaxLetters = 0
cLeft = 78
TopPos = 40

For i = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count

If i Mod nPerColumn = 1 Then
cCols = cCols + 1
TopPos = 40
cLeft = cLeft + (cMaxLetters * nWidth)
cMaxLetters = 0
End If

Set CurrentSheet = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i)
cLetters = Len(CurrentSheet.Name)
If cLetters cMaxLetters Then
cMaxLetters = cLetters
End If

iBooks = iBooks + 1
.OptionButtons.Add cLeft, TopPos, cLetters * nWidth, 16.5
.OptionButtons(iBooks).text = _
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(iBooks).Name
TopPos = TopPos + 13

Next i

.Buttons.Left = cLeft + (cMaxLetters * nWidth) + 24

CurrentSheet.Activate

With .DialogFrame
.Height = Application.Max(68, _
Application.Min(iBooks, nPerColumn) * nHeight + 10)
.Width = cLeft + (cMaxLetters * nWidth) + 24
.Caption = kCaption
End With

.Buttons("Button 2").BringToFront
.Buttons("Button 3").BringToFront

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
If .Show Then
For Each cb In thisDlg.OptionButtons
If cb.Value = xlOn Then
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(cb.Caption).Select
Exit For
End If
Next cb
Else
MsgBox "Nothing selected"
End If

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 7 May 2005 15:33:04 -0700, "Nigel Bennett" wrote:

I have a Spreadsheet with 64 Worksheets in it, is it
possible to tile the tabs on rows at the bottom instead of
1 long set of tabs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may want to look at Workbook Navigator for Excel
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...es/wb_nav.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Multi-disciplinary business expertise
+ Technology skills
= Optimal solution to your business problem
Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

In article ,
says...