Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dataforms

I am trying to set up a simple recorded macros to only show the dataform. I
have database-style data on Sheet 2 and 3. I would like buttons on sheet 1
that only shows the data form for the requested sheet. I have fallen at the
first hurdle as although I can manually get the form, when I record the same
process:-
....Application.Goto Reference:="start"
.....ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
I get this:-
Run time error 1004. ShowdataForm method of Worksheet class failed! I
have all the required object libraries switched on.
Any help please...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does your table start in the range A1:B2?

If not, you should name the range "Database". There are instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Debra!

That worked fine - thanking you. Would you have any tips on showing just
the dataform and not the data behind it. I don't want the group to see the
data that other's are entering - merely the dataform.

Pimulo Bradfeet wrote:
I am trying to set up a simple recorded macros to only show the dataform. I
have database-style data on Sheet 2 and 3. I would like buttons on sheet 1
that only shows the data form for the requested sheet. I have fallen at the
first hurdle as although I can manually get the form, when I record the same
process:-
...Application.Goto Reference:="start"
....ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
I get this:-
Run time error 1004. ShowdataForm method of Worksheet class failed! I
have all the required object libraries switched on.
Any help please...

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Event if you could hide the underlying worksheet, the dataform allows them
to scroll through the data. Perhaps you want to build your own "dataform"
using a userform.

Tom Ogilvy

"Pimulo Bradfeet" wrote in
message ...