Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA CODE to Subtract two cells

Kevin,

Try this something like this:

= Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("F2").Value2 - Range("H2").Value2

hth,

Doug

"Kevin Baker" wrote in message
Would like to use VB Code to do the following:

=F2-H2

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Depending on where you want it to go, I'm making some assumptions here ...

Range("A1").Value = Range("F2").value - Range("H2").value

or

Range("A1").formula = "=F2-H2"

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"Kevin Baker" wrote in message
Would like to use VB Code to do the following:

=F2-H2

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kevin,

The code would be:

=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("I2") =
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("F2").Value2 - Range("H2").Value2

Where you put it depends on what you're trying to do. As it's described so
far, the best thing would be not to use VBA and to just have the formula in
the worksheet in I2, but I'm guessing there's more to it than that. Give us
a little more description of what you are doing and somebody will help.

Doug

"Kevin Baker" wrote in message
Doug,

Thanks, but I guess I didn't give enough info.

On my sheet I cell I2 needs to subtract cell F2 from cell H2.

I right click on the excel icon and select view code.. what do I do from
there?

Thanks,
Kevin

"Doug Glancy" wrote in message
Kevin,

Try this something like this:

= Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("F2").Value2 - Range("H2").Value2

hth,

Doug

"Kevin Baker" wrote in message
Would like to use VB Code to do the following:

=F2-H2

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kevin,

Are you saying you want a formula in each cell going down performing the
calculation on all cells in the respective columns? What is the end result
you are looking for here?

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"Kevin Baker" wrote in message
Hi all.

It seems when I use a formula (the formula would need to be in the entire
column of "I") the spreadsheet file size is very large, however, it seems
when I use VBA code the file size doesn't grow as much.

In my spreadsheet column "I" would be the difference between the value in
Column "F" and Column "G".

Does that make sense?

Thanks for all your help,
Kevin
"zackb" wrote in message

Depending on where you want it to go, I'm making some assumptions here

Range("A1").Value = Range("F2").value - Range("H2").value

or

Range("A1").formula = "=F2-H2"

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"Kevin Baker" wrote in message
Would like to use VB Code to do the following:

=F2-H2

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does this not suit your needs? If not, can you explain what you need
differently here? Will this be dependent on some rows? Any headers? Only
to a certain row?

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"Kevin Baker" wrote in message
Here is what I have:

If Target.Column = 6 And Target.Value 1 And Target.Offset(0, 2).Value
1
Then
Target.Offset(0, 3).Value = Target.Value - Target.Offset(0, 2).Value

"zackb" wrote in message

Depending on where you want it to go, I'm making some assumptions here

Range("A1").Value = Range("F2").value - Range("H2").value

or

Range("A1").formula = "=F2-H2"

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"Kevin Baker" wrote in message
Would like to use VB Code to do the following:

=F2-H2

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is the problem multiple fired events?

Try this

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Column = 6 And .Value 1 And _
.Offset(0, 2).Value 1 Then
.Offset(0, 3).Value = .Value - .Offset(0, 2).Value
End If
End With

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"zackb" wrote in message

Depending on where you want it to go, I'm making some assumptions here

Range("A1").Value = Range("F2").value - Range("H2").value

or

Range("A1").formula = "=F2-H2"

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"Kevin Baker" wrote in message
Would like to use VB Code to do the following:

=F2-H2

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Fwiw, try not to use ..

..Copy
..Paste...

Instead, use just a value ..

..Value = .Value

And it's faster. I also agree about the multiple firing events. Changing a
cells value/formula will trigger the event for that cell as well. If you
don't want to create a very inefficient loop, turn off events, then back on.

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"Rowan" wrote in message
Kevin

There appears to be a bit of confusion as to what you are asking for here.
The way I understand it is you want to populate Column I with the RESULTS
of
subtracting column H from Column F. If this is the case then run the macro
below. Save your work first just in case. I did note that at some stage
the
request changed to Column F - Column G. I have provided for this as well.

To subtract column H from column F

Sub PopCol()

Dim endRow As Long

endRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 6).End(xlUp).Row
With Range(Cells(2, 9), Cells(endRow, 9))
.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-3]-RC[-1]" 'this is F-H
.Copy
.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
End With
Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

To subtract column G from Column F:

Sub PopCol()

Dim endRow As Long

endRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 6).End(xlUp).Row
With Range(Cells(2, 9), Cells(endRow, 9))
.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-3]-RC[-2]" 'this is F-G
.Copy
.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
End With
Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

Hope this helps
Rowan

"Kevin Baker" wrote:

Would like to use VB Code to do the following:

=F2-H2

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Zack,

I know I could put the following formula in Column I2 and copy it all the
way down the sheet in all cells to I6553:
=F2-H2
But doing this makes my spreadsheet HUGE, so I was looking for a way to do
the above in VBA vice using a formula.

Thanks again,
Kevin