Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run-time error '424' in VBA event handler on XL shutdown

This is getting aggravating! I have several combobox change event handlers.
They work fine most of the time. But at shutdown, for some reason these
event handlers are firing (which is odd, since the app is shutting down...I
don't care if they've changed at that point). The event handlers run, but
when they get to the combobox objects, they are "empty" and I get the 424
exception.

Am I supposed to be checking some property that says the app is shutting
down or something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, I'm unsure what unlinking it from the worksheet cells means. I've
gone into "Format Control" and selected "Don't move or size with cells",
which lowered the number of problems, but I'm still having issues. I am not
using "Linked Cell".

"Mike Jones" wrote in message
This is getting aggravating! I have several combobox change event

handlers.
They work fine most of the time. But at shutdown, for some reason these
event handlers are firing (which is odd, since the app is shutting

down...I
don't care if they've changed at that point). The event handlers run,
but
when they get to the combobox objects, they are "empty" and I get the 424
exception.

Am I supposed to be checking some property that says the app is shutting
down or something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never had a problem with this if the comboboxes aren't linked to cells.
Can't imagine what would cause your comboboxes to change and fire your
change event macros.

Tom Ogilvy