Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default External data - change cell color

I have been successful in getting external data and now would like to
'fancy-up' my spreadsheet. I am new to excel but not programming and would
like to know how to change the color of a cell based on data returned. A
simple example would be a column that contains a number. If the number is
between 1 and 5, I want the cell in that column to be green. If it is
between 6 and 8, it should be yellow. 9-10 it should be red. How do I do
this for external data??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Once the data is in the cell it is no longer external so the best method
would be to add conditional formatting to the column that has the numbers.
Have a look at the help files on this, it should point you in the right
direction.
Nick