Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need to look at vba code in a file but excel locks up each time I

I have a file that was wrote in Germany. It errors out each time I open the
file and locks excel up where I have to use the task manager to shut excel
down. Is there a way to open the file without the macro starting so I can
look at the code to try and find the error?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried starting up Excel by itself, go into Tools--Macro--Security
and increase the security level to Medium or High. Then open the erroneous
workbook and it should ask you if you want to run the macros or not.