Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pictures in Spreadsheet

I'm trying to veiw pictures that are in the spreadsheet in a VB Form. The
form works ok but as the pictures were cut and pasted I can't seem to fidn
the object/collection that contains them. Any help would be appreciatied.

PS
Saving the pictures seperately is a last resort and I don't want to have to
do that as someone is BOUND to delete the pictures by accident.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See code at Stephen Bullen's site:

htttp://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

See PastePicture.zip about 2/3rds the way down the page

Tom Ogilvy

"YegaDoyai" wrote in message
I'm trying to veiw pictures that are in the spreadsheet in a VB Form. The
form works ok but as the pictures were cut and pasted I can't seem to fidn
the object/collection that contains them. Any help would be appreciatied.

PS
Saving the pictures seperately is a last resort and I don't want to have

do that as someone is BOUND to delete the pictures by accident.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cheers but it has not quite covered what I'm looking for, unless I'm
missreading it.

first:
does the chatrobject contain any pasted pictures on the sheet?
second:
if not where are they?

In the meantime I'll see if I can get the chartobject thing to work.

Thanks, 's a good site that one.

"YegaDoyai" wrote in message
I'm trying to veiw pictures that are in the spreadsheet in a VB Form. The
form works ok but as the pictures were cut and pasted I can't seem to fidn
the object/collection that contains them. Any help would be appreciatied.

PS
Saving the pictures seperately is a last resort and I don't want to have

do that as someone is BOUND to delete the pictures by accident.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, but he is copying the chartobject as a picture into the clipboard. That
is where you jump in. You copy your picture to the clipboard (using code)
and then use his code to get it on the userform

Tom Ogilvy

"YegaDoyai" wrote in message
I'm trying to veiw pictures that are in the spreadsheet in a VB Form.

The
form works ok but as the pictures were cut and pasted I can't seem to

fidn
the object/collection that contains them. Any help would be

appreciatied.

PS
Saving the pictures seperately is a last resort and I don't want to

have
do that as someone is BOUND to delete the pictures by accident.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cheers again Tom but getting pictures to the form is a side issue. The issue
is addressing the pictures. How do I reference it? I can't find the
container object that holds the picture. The chartobject does not seem to
work. And without something to point to there is nothing to put in the Form.

"YegaDoyai" wrote in message
I'm trying to veiw pictures that are in the spreadsheet in a VB Form.

The
form works ok but as the pictures were cut and pasted I can't seem to

fidn
the object/collection that contains them. Any help would be

appreciatied.

PS
Saving the pictures seperately is a last resort and I don't want to

have
do that as someone is BOUND to delete the pictures by accident.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

All objects on the worksheet are in the shapes collection.

A hidden collection is the pictures collection. This also includes ActiveX
controls as well I believe, but that may not be an issue.

dim shp as Shape
for each shp in activesheet.shapes
msgbox shp.name
Next

Dim pic as Picture
for each pic in activesheet.Pictures
msgbox pic.name
Next

The accomplishment Stephen was documenting was getting the pictures on the
userform from a worksheet. Identifying the objects on the worksheet is
directly supported. Once identified, the copy method can be used to put
them in the clipboard.

Tom Ogilvy

"YegaDoyai" wrote in message
I'm trying to veiw pictures that are in the spreadsheet in a VB

Form.
The
form works ok but as the pictures were cut and pasted I can't seem

fidn
the object/collection that contains them. Any help would be

appreciatied.

PS
Saving the pictures seperately is a last resort and I don't want

have
do that as someone is BOUND to delete the pictures by accident.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, I didn't think that hidden members were usable so never looked. It
claims that they are hidden as they only exist for backward compatability.
I assume therefore that Excel 2K3 store pictures differently? Do you know if
there is any way of writing this to be forward compatible as I told this
office is going to upgrade soon.

Thanks, again, for your help. Sorry I wasn't more clear with my question.

"YegaDoyai" wrote in message
I'm trying to veiw pictures that are in the spreadsheet in a VB

Form.
The
form works ok but as the pictures were cut and pasted I can't seem

fidn
the object/collection that contains them. Any help would be
appreciatied.

PS
Saving the pictures seperately is a last resort and I don't want

have
do that as someone is BOUND to delete the pictures by accident.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The pictures collection has been hidden since xl97. It is still here, so
there is no reason to believe it is going to go away.

But you can also use the shapes collection which isn't hidden if the picture
collection makes you uncomfortable.

? activesheet.Shapes(1).name
Picture 1
? activesheet.Shapes(1).type = msoPicture
True

Tom Ogilvy