Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delete pictures in spreadsheet

How can I get rid of a company logo that I imported into my spreadsheet
several years ago and has grown to over 45000 duplications (layered). It has
grown from repeated copy and paste functions while using the spreadsheet. I'm
using Excel 97 and can't find a delete tab. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This macro will delete all shapes in the active workbook:

Sub DelAllShapes()
Dim Shp As Shape, WS As Worksheet
On Error Resume Next
'Check every worksheet in the workbook
For Each WS In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
WS.Activate
'Delete any other shapes on the sheet.
For Each Shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
Shp.Delete
Next Shp
Next WS

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"seedman" wrote:

How can I get rid of a company logo that I imported into my spreadsheet
several years ago and has grown to over 45000 duplications (layered). It has
grown from repeated copy and paste functions while using the spreadsheet. I'm
using Excel 97 and can't find a delete tab. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Warning

Not use code like this

For Each Shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
Shp.Delete
Next Shp

See why on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/controlsobjectsworksheet.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"seedman" wrote:

How can I get rid of a company logo that I imported into my spreadsheet
several years ago and has grown to over 45000 duplications (layered). It has
grown from repeated copy and paste functions while using the spreadsheet. I'm
using Excel 97 and can't find a delete tab. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

here's a simple code

Sub deletepic()
Worksheets("sheet1").Pictures.Delete