Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA for plotting charts: Question re-worded

have the following spreadsheet:

A B C D
1 Date Amt Spent Cumm Amt Budget
2 1/10 100 100 1000
3 1/20 50 150 1000
4 1/30 75 225 1000
5 2/10 100 325 1000

Where Budget (Column D) will always be the same value, and Column C is the
cummulative value of B. I am desperately trying to create a macro where it
will line plot column C & D against column A.The trick is that
sometimes there are 5 rows, sometimes there are 16, sometimes there are 20
etc etc etc.

I think I am close as follows:

Sub Macro17()
'
' Macro17 Macro
' Macro recorded 5/2/2005 by
'
Dim NoRows As Integer

'
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine
NoRows = Cells(Rows.Count, "M").End(xlUp).Row
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("O4:O" &
NoRows) PlotBy _
:=xlColumns
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = "=""Budget"""
ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Sheet1"
ActiveChart.HasDataTable = False
End Sub

But the Dim Statement & SetSourseData lines are incorrect. I was just tring
to plot one first - then a second series - any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In article ,
says...
{snip}

But the Dim Statement & SetSourseData lines are incorrect. I was just tring
to plot one first - then a second series - any help would be greatly
appreciated.

How are they wrong? You wrote them! What do you want them to be?

For what it's worth, you may want to look at a non-programmatic
solution:
Dynamic Charts
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...rts/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That was the ticket!!!!! Thank you. Better than coding it!

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

In article ,
says...
{snip}