Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import Excel Data in dotNet dataset with oledb

Hello ,

I am working on a project and i have a very important question.
I try to import exce data into dotnet dataset.
When one of the cells is blank, all the cell below will be imported in the
dataset as System.dbnull values.
I am using the property imex=1 and the regedit values are ok (Text,...) to
solve the datatype problems.
My cells in excel sheet are in Text.
When the cell is blank but with a space for exemple, the import is ok
because it is interpreted as a string value.
When the cell is blank with no data the imported of the data below this
column value are imported as null value.

It does two days that i am trying to solve this problem, i dont find a
solution. i have tryed to reinstall oledb jet 4.0 drivers and mdac drivers...

Nothing to do.
(My excel will contains a lot of values, so i can not to special characters
for each blank cells that i would replace later in my dotnet code)

I am using dotnet 2003, access 2000, excel 2000, win xp pro

Have you a solution ?
Please help me....

Thank you very much

Decroux Fabien