Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro, or excel program to "Close All' while in a workspace

Hello all,

I usually run a couple of workbooks in one workspace and the only way to
close the workbooks within a workspace is to either:

1) Close each workbook individually

2) Holding the 'shift' key and clicking on 'file' and then clicking on
'close all'.

I have been trying to record a macro to make this easier, but without
any success.

Can someone either let me know if there is another way to close a number
of workbooks within a workspace or help me put together a macro or an
excel program that will alleviate this laborious action?

Cheers

Carlton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

" usually run a couple of workbooks in one workspace "
what is one workspace?

this will save and close and open workbooks and then exit excel, is this
what you want?

Sub Close_All()
'will save all open workbooks and close excel
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
For Each w In Workbooks
w.Save
Next
Application.Quit

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Carlton Patterson" wrote in message
Hello all,

I usually run a couple of workbooks in one workspace and the only way to
close the workbooks within a workspace is to either:

1) Close each workbook individually

2) Holding the 'shift' key and clicking on 'file' and then clicking on
'close all'.

I have been trying to record a macro to make this easier, but without
any success.

Can someone either let me know if there is another way to close a number
of workbooks within a workspace or help me put together a macro or an
excel program that will alleviate this laborious action?

Cheers

Carlton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul,

Thanks for responding to my request. However, its not quite what I want.
Basically, you work within a workbook, and within each workbook you have
worksheets. Now, I usually work with two different workbooks. I then
save both workbooks in a workspace so that when I open up the workspace
both of my workbooks appear at once.

I hope that explains workspaces, adequately.

Now, in order to close the workspace in one shot without totally exiting
excel I have to hit 'shift', then click on 'file' and then click on
'close all'.

I would like help compiling an excel program that will let me close the
workspace in one shot without totally exiting excel.

The program you put together with exit me out of excel totally.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Carlton