Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default message box

Hello!

I have a computation, which takes some time. So I would like to popup a
small window with the text "Please wait ...", the user should not be able to
do anything with this box. When the computation has finished, I want to
close this window.

Does anybody know, how this is possible in VB?
Thanks for your answers.

Regards
Christian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Christian

It's possible in VB using a progress bar, but difficult in VBA as most
things are modal.

You could use the status bar

Application.StatusBar = "Please wait..."
'Your code
Application.StatusBar=False

You may also check out Stephen Bullen's web site at

www.oaltd.co.uk

for a progress bar example and some tricks with modeless dialogues post
XL2000
--
HTH
Nick Hodge