Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default insert/names/apply - how to "select all" ?

When the apply names dialog comes up initially for me, none of the names
are selected. Using control-click you can select several, or all.
Unfortunately shift-click does the same as control-click.

It is some comfort that at least it seems that Excel remembers your
selections - that is, until (unless) you open "apply names" on a
DIFFERENT workbook or worksheet. So after you've gone to the pain of
selecting many (moreover, all) names, they stay "lit up" for repeated
use on a given worksheet.

But that's a small consolation. Does anyone have a good technique to
make it "select all" names in the "apply names" dialog, so I don't have
to click every single name?

Note: AFAIK PUP2000 only works with "UNapply names."

All I've got right now is a heretical SendKeys approach. It works, but
I hope for something more "legitimate."

'Seed "apply names" dialog box by selecting all named ranges (except
possibly the bottom one)
'It doesn't hit the enter key for you so user can look at what happens
first
'Execute from Excel window - NOT VBA editor
Sub pmLockAndLoadApplyNames()
Dim i As Long
SendKeys "%INA{HOME}"
For i = 1 To 999: SendKeys " {DOWN}": Next
End Sub

OL2003 SP1 on XP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I expect you will find the "Name Manager" utility by Jan Karel Pieterse,
Charles Williams and Matthew Henson extremely useful:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/ navigate to the utilities page

Regards,
Peter T

.. .