Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Digital Signaure required?

I have written a simple macro for a freind which copies informaton input into
an excel spreadsheet to populate the corresponding quote sheet for that
customer.My freind hopes to be able to use it for all branches across the
country.Will I need to get a digital signature?It is likely that different
versions of excel are used.
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul
This will depend on the security settings on each users pc. If they all set
macro security to low (not advisable - big security risk) then your code will
work fine. If they set to medium (still not advisable) then they will be
prompted to let your code run or not. If security is set to high (preferred)
then yes you will need a code signing cert to get the code to run (they will
still have to explicitly trust your certificate).
The systems admins may well control the security settings in your friends
offices.

All versions of Excel from 97-XP are have the same security settings, 2003
has an even more restrictive very high security setting.

Sorry there is no short answer

cheers
Simon

"paul" wrote:

I have written a simple macro for a freind which copies informaton input into
an excel spreadsheet to populate the corresponding quote sheet for that
customer.My freind hopes to be able to use it for all branches across the
country.Will I need to get a digital signature?It is likely that different
versions of excel are used.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Simon