Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann

Default Digital Signature

I am not sure if this is an Excel or a Windows question.

Can anyone tell me how you can remove a signature from the signature dialog
box after creating one via SelfCert.exe?

I don't mean remove it from the excel file I mean from the choice of
signature dialog box you are presented with when attaching a signature to a
spreadsheet.

--
Regards

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann

Sandy Mann" wrote in message
...I am not sure if this is an
Excel or a Windows question.

Can anyone tell me how you can remove a signature from the signature
dialog box after creating one via SelfCert.exe?

I don't mean remove it from the excel file I mean from the choice of
signature dialog box you are presented with when attaching a signature to
a spreadsheet.

I guess that's a no then :-(

Out of interest what happened was that at work we had a Windows 2000 server
that the company that does out IT decided to upgrade to 2003, (and possibly
other things?).

Anyway after they had done whatever they did I found that the digital
signature that I had previously created no longer worked. I created another
one and was able to re-sign my projects with that one but it has left me
with two signatures - one of which works and one that doesn't and I would
like to get rid of the one that doesn't work. It would be no use asking
this company that did the upgrade because I would just get the answer - as I
have had before - that they do not do *Applications* only systems,

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk
" --
Regards

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Sandy

The selfcert signature can be removed from your computer through the
Windows Management Maintenance Console.

StartRun "mmc"(no quotes)FileAdd/Remove Snap-in.

AddCertificatesCurrent UserAddOK

After the Certificates Snap-in loads expand it and click on
"Personal".

Delete any you don't want from the list.

This KB article is for Windows 2000 server, but I found it works for
Windows
XP.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:47:04 -0000, "Sandy Mann"
wrote:

Sandy Mann" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann

Hi Gord,

Just a follow up to the info you provided. The link was re-directed to:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=gp;[ln];kberror&style=error

which said that the KB article was not available but that they knew about
it.

It didn't matter because the instructions that you gave were more than
enough for me to be able to delete the unwanted signature.

I had stupidly created two signatures exactly the same because I thought
that the new one would overwrite the old one but I just ended up with two
indistinguishable signatures - thus my quest to delete the non-working one.

Thank again for going to so much trouble.
--

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

wrote:

Sandy Mann" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Thanks for update on the busted link.

I'll leave it out of any postings in future.

Gord

http://support.microsoft.com/default...or&style=error