Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Status Bar Display Problem

All of our Excel macros display information in the status bar at the bottom
of the Excel window as the macro is running. An example would be when a text
file is being read the status bar is updated with the record number and other
information as the macro is processing. We have no problem with this in
Windows 2000. However, in Windows XP the status stops displaying new
information after a few seconds and does not display the correct information
again until the macro is completed or paused. It causes the user to think
the macro is locked up. This status display is important for the user to
know that the macro is still running and the status of the process. Is there
a setting that can be changed to make the status bar display continuously as
in Windows 2000.