Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Status display

Hi,

I have a Sub that does several different tasks. I wanted
to have a status window somewhere which shows what task is
completed and which one is on-going.

For example, if I have 5 tasks, called Task1, Task2,
Task3, ... and if the sub is currently in Task3 then I
want the display to show:

Task1 Done
Task2 Done
Task3 On-going

I tried using a user form with labels, but the forms in
Excel seem to be modal, and thus the user has to respond
to the form for the processing to continue. This of
course beats the purpose.

Is there some means of achieving this simple status
display?

Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Patrick,

In Excel 2000 and later, you can use modeless forms. Show the form with
code like

Userform1.Show vbModeless

and then update your label as needed. The simplest way to indicate progress
to the user is to use the StatusBar property to display messages in the
lower left region of Excel's statusbar. E.g.,

Application.StatusBar = "Updating something...."

At the end of your procedure, restore the status bar to its default state
with

Application.StatusBar = False

--
Cordially,