Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy disable

Hello,

Is it possible to disable the copy function as set ctrl-c or in the edit
pulldown menu.

Stefan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Stefan,

Yes, the command is:

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu
Bar").Controls("Edit").Controls("Copy").Enabled = False

HTH
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ben ben is offline

I'll admit ignorance on the subject of disabling it in the drop down menu,
but you should be able to disable the ctrl+c function by directing that hot
key to a sub that does nothing. Example
sub workbook_open ()
application.onkey "^{c}", "Idonothing"
end sub
sub Idonothing ()
end sub
--
When you lose your mind, you free your life.