Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Default disable copy paste

How do I disable the copy paste feature?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim,

Tim wrote:
How do I disable the copy paste feature?

You could try disabling all the places copy/cut/paste appear in the menus
(including context menus), but you'd still have to deal with other ways
people can copy/paste (Ctrl+c, Ctrl+x, Ctrl+v, etc). So maybe the easiest
way is to put the following code behind the Worksheet(s) you wish to disable
pasting:

Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

This will allow the user to copy or cut, but every time the selection is
changed to a new cell or range, the clipboard will be cleared.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Thanks Jake,

How do I do that??

"Jake Marx" wrote:

Hi Tim,

Tim wrote:
How do I disable the copy paste feature?

You could try disabling all the places copy/cut/paste appear in the menus
(including context menus), but you'd still have to deal with other ways
people can copy/paste (Ctrl+c, Ctrl+x, Ctrl+v, etc). So maybe the easiest
way is to put the following code behind the Worksheet(s) you wish to disable
pasting:

Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

This will allow the user to copy or cut, but every time the selection is
changed to a new cell or range, the clipboard will be cleared.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,

Tim wrote:
How do I do that??

Right-click the worksheet you want to apply this to and select "View Code".
Paste the code below into the resulting code pane.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Hi Tim,

Tim wrote:
How do I disable the copy paste feature?

You could try disabling all the places copy/cut/paste appear in the
menus (including context menus), but you'd still have to deal with
other ways people can copy/paste (Ctrl+c, Ctrl+x, Ctrl+v, etc). So
maybe the easiest way is to put the following code behind the
Worksheet(s) you wish to disable pasting:

Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

This will allow the user to copy or cut, but every time the
selection is changed to a new cell or range, the clipboard will be
cleared.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is nice code. I have used similar. The problem that I ran into was
things being pasted in from applications other than excel, or where the users
where dragging or filling down. Any easy fix for those?

"Jake Marx" wrote:

Hi Tim,

Tim wrote:
How do I disable the copy paste feature?

You could try disabling all the places copy/cut/paste appear in the menus
(including context menus), but you'd still have to deal with other ways
people can copy/paste (Ctrl+c, Ctrl+x, Ctrl+v, etc). So maybe the easiest
way is to put the following code behind the Worksheet(s) you wish to disable
pasting:

Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

This will allow the user to copy or cut, but every time the selection is
changed to a new cell or range, the clipboard will be cleared.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
That is nice code. I have used similar. The problem that I ran into was
things being pasted in from applications other than excel, or where the

users
where dragging or filling down. Any easy fix for those?

http://www.excelforum.com/archive/in.../t-229810.html

/Fredrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim,

Jim Thomlinson wrote:
That is nice code. I have used similar. The problem that I ran into
was things being pasted in from applications other than excel, or
where the users where dragging or filling down. Any easy fix for
those?

I don't know about denying the user from copying values in from another app,
but as Fredrik suggested, you can use Application.CellDragAndDrop = False to
prohibit users from copying down, filling, dragging cells, etc.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Everything is working fine, however, I would like to prevent my users from
Cutting and Pasting only. If they Copy and Paste it's okay. If they Cut and
Paste the change lots of formula's in the backgropund of my workbooks. Any
idears?

Regards,

Henk

"Jake Marx" wrote: